Monday, December 29, 2014

The china cabinet found a home

The china cabinet arrived before Christmas which gave me plenty of time to wash, polish and make it sparkle. I unpacked all of my teacups and tried to make everything look good. I love the cabinet in this spot. I had my hutch here but it was too deep and stuck out past the wall. Sometimes you just have to live with things before you make changes.
I have been busy lately emptying the last of the boxes. I always have a box ready for donations. When you realize that you do not need a certain item any longer it is nice to know that someone else will probably have a use for it. We have an amazing Salvation Army store in the town south of us and I take all of my donations there.
I have been working on organizing the laundry room. I have a vision for the room and the inspiration came from this picture. This is from the blog: From My Front Porch To Yours.


I just love the room in this picture. I have an antique dresser that I want to sit in between my washer and dryer. This room is my laundry room, storage room, mudroom and a room for the cats. I am going to have to paint the room from top to bottom and come up with a idea for a ceiling fixture. There is no outlet for a ceiling fixture in this room and there are only 2 electrical outlets.
I will take pictures of the room as soon as I get all of my storage furniture in place. I haven't decided on colours yet. Take care.

Love Always,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment