Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rain Showers

     I have not written in a while. We have been having a lot of rain lately. We have had two thunder storms. It has been so dry that when the farmers work in their fields all you can see is a cloud of dust. They have been complaining across the whole country. Things should be much better now. The rain has undone some of my work in the fish pond. The water was all gone and I just had to remove the remaining sand. I will have backtrack a little. The last couple of days have been sunny but not very warm. 
     I saw white crowned sparrows in the yard today. They almost sound as sweet as the song sparrows. When you see them hopping around on the ground the little white stripes stand out and you have to take a second look. The starling's eggs have hatched. I cannot see them from the ground but there sure is a lot of noise up in that tree.
     Rudy continues to come outside with me. He loves to climb the rocks around the fish pond. I wonder what he will think when I fill it with water and put some fish in there. Rudy is very smart, when it is cold he is not interested in going outside. His favourite spot is on the love seat next to me. 
     I managed to make it to the lake for a walk. The beach looks relatively clean this spring. Along the way I saw a painted turtle swimming close to the shore. When he saw me he took off as fast as his little legs would carry him. On my way back I passed him again; he was out a ways with his head above the water like a little para scope. 
     Some forget-me-nots popped up around the pond in the last week. I didn't even know they were there. They must have needed the rain too. I am anxious to get back out in the yard. In the meantime I have a lot of spring cleaning to keep me busy.

Love Always Kim 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim! Thank you so much for your remarkably sweet comments on my blog! I'm a Kim too, and I just got back from a whole day at the Shore! The Jersey Shore that it. It was a beautiful day. I would love to visit Canada. One of my favorite shows of all time is Avonlea. Gorgeous PEI! How I would love to live there!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete