Monday, April 12, 2010

Working in the Yard

     The sun is shining this morning. The birds are singing and the grass is getting green. I got all the tools I need to work in the garden on the weekend. The fish pond really needs some attention. I think I will be spending a lot of time on my knees today. I am just having my tea and watching Smokey are adopted outside cat eating his breakfast. Rudy loves Smokey and greets him by sticking his paw out the back door. We do not let our cats outside unless we are in the yard and can keep our eye on them.
     The weather man says we should reach 10 degrees today. I want to get the yard, the pond and the flower beds cleaned out. My project is to start a vegetable and herb garden. I want to grow tomatoes, herbs for cooking and  lettuce. We love salads. It will be great to go out in the yard and pick everything we need to make a salad. I got my green thumb from my grandmother and my dad. 
     One more pot of tea and then I am off to garden. Have a wonderful day.
Love Always Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment