Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Cleaning

     Yes it is that time of year. Since our house is not completely finished on the inside yet I cannot do all the things that I would like to. I cleaned the bedroom from top to bottom. The minute that I turn the vacuum on the cats scatter. Rudy is the only one that is not terrified of the vacuum and usually accompanies me wherever I go. He comes with me when I clean. He has an obsession with brushes. The last time I cleaned I turned around and my dusting brush had disappeared. I thought I must have misplaced it under the duvet or something like that. I searched for 10 minutes. I realized that perhaps Rudy had taken it. I walked down the stairs and there it was lying under the dining room table. He only tossed it about on the bed today. He didn't actually leave with it in his mouth. It is the funniest thing to see a little cat with a big brush in his mouth. Sometimes I think that he acts more like a dog than a cat. Pets add so much to life. I love cats. They are intelligent and each one has a distinct personality. Rudy was raised by the people at the animal shelter. He is very affectionate and loves to cuddle and give kisses.
     I also cleaned our bathroom today. I always feel better when my house is clean. Mirrors gleam, lights sparkle and the tub and sinks have a real shine to them now. When I get to decorating the bathroom I would like to paint the walls a pale turquoise the colour of the ocean in Cuba. A bathroom should feel calm and relaxed. I would like thick white cotton towels, lots of white candles around the tub and a silver vase with roses. The lights should be on a dimmer for those relaxing soaks in the tub. I have a picture in my mind, do you?
     It has been cold here today, about zero but the sun is shining. When it is quiet I can hear the birds. The buds are popping on all of the trees in our yard and soon the leaves will appear. It is a good day!
Love Always Kim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment